Monday, August 9, 2010

Harry Potter

So Sunday morning Charlie and I were laying in bed... well really I was trying to get a few more winks in while she was mesmerized by the ceiling fan... and Eska decided she wanted to be pet. Well, usually Eska is aware of and is careful to avoid Charlie... not Sunday morning. She gave charlie 'paw', but charlie did not understand this was code for catch my paw and pet me.  Eska's paw landed right on poor Charlie's face, leaving a scratch on her forehead that resembles Harry Potter's scar.  Charlie really didn't cry.. I think she was more in shock! (as was I). We had to go to shoprite later that day... there was a new judge lurking around every corner, in every aisle! The usual 'AW SHE'S SO GORGEOUS!' (to which I usually follow up with just like her mommy, haha!) Turned into 'AW SHE'S SOO... yikes! what happened to her head???'. Gosh, I felt like the world's worst mom. I didn't know how to respond... should I tell the truth and get double judged, provoking the "why were you not supervising your baby and dog, you heathen!". Or should I go with the trusty 'she fell. She is trying to walk!'. While the latter portion is true... I just couldn't bring myself to lie. I mean after all, why do I care what these shoprite-sunday-shoppers think about me. So with my head held high I explained the WHOLE story, to which I'm sure they were immediately sorry they asked!! Yes, I did receive the 'wow, you are a terrible mother look', but after a few bottles of wine, I didn't seem to care anymore! haha I'm just kidding. Here is a pic of the my poor girl...

and for those of you who haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment