Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You really can't make this stuff up!!!

After a long afternoon of relaxing and preparing for my new babe's arrival, I had an appointment for an exterminator to come to check out these moths that have been flying around. Turns out they are Indian meal moths. Never heard of them, but apparently as per Mr. Exterminator, they are very common and equally difficult to get rid of as they arrived via a package of pasta that had eggs in it (ew!) The bug guy tells us that we need to clear out EVERYTHING in my kitchen and cabinets so that he could come back in an hour and spray. We need to be out of the house (including the pups) for at least 4 hours... unfortuntely this is only the beginning. While my mom, dad and I are cleaning out the kitchen (Dan went to the dog park just before hearing this news, convenient?), verizon wireless finally calls me back on our houseline to figure out the issue with my phone as to why I can't send and receive picture messages (obviously a necessary feature in the upcoming days!) but oddly enough, I can't find my cell phone. The VERY patient technician waited for me to call my cell in the hopes of finding it where ever this scatterbrain left it... well, you'll never guess who had it... the bug man! We have the same phone and when he saw it on the counter he thought it was his... Finally for once it wasn't me!! Now I had to explain to the technician what happened... She prescribed I get some sleep before this baby comes, and I quote "sounds like you really need it!". I told her I was going to do just that as soon as I packaged up my kitchen. Wrong again! Apparently physical labor brings on a different kind of labor... yep, I got my wish, my contractions are currently 8 min apart and are lasting roughly 1.5 min... I'm beginning to wonder why I wanted this so bad!! I'm done rambling now... its officially 9/9/09, the day I get to meet my little baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment