Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pink


For those of you who have met me in the last 3 years, my hair is naturally blonde and by blonde I mean not a pretty blonde, but an ashy, mousy blonde that as I am told is the 'perfect base for highlights'. For just about 23 years of my life, I've been blonde and it wasn't until more recently that I moved to the dark side... well, after consulting with many of my longtime friends WE decided it would be a good idea to return to blonde, as the brunette phase has expired. So the big day was June 23rd, yesterday! When I got to the appointment with my good friend and fav stylist, Laura, I told her I was nervous, to which she responded, 'Why? I'm not', ladies and gentlemen, this was the kiss of death!! haha In the past years Laura has done my hair, she is ALWAYS nervous, with the exception of one time... and on that one time my hair turned PINK! You know how history has a tendency to repeat itself... well it did! I guess when you bleach semi-permanent color it turns pink, who knew?!?!?! Now the ONLY reason I had remnants of semi-permanent color in my hair is because when I was pregnant, they say its safer to use that. I'll just add 'turning my hair pink' to my list of how having a baby ruins you! (really, I'm j/k, I would take every stretch mark and pink strand on my head a hundred times over again to get my baby Charlie!) But seriously, I'm compiling a list!  So my appointment was at 6:15 pm, we left the salon at 11:45 pm.  Laura slaved away fixing my fluorescent hair in quite literally a sweat shop, as they turned off the A/C at 9:00! I can't say my hair is BLONDE... but it's not really brown either... it's somewhere in limbo, maybe a brownde? At least it isn't pink!! It is a step in the right direction that is for sure!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Did you take a picture of the pink? I need to see it. I'm sure it looks pretty now! By the way, I updated my calender for August 1st at 1. Maybe you can bring Charlie's suit over and she can go for a "splash" with Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha we tried to take a pic but it wouldn't come out right! And I will def bring char's bikini! haha I'm serious, she has a string bikini! Hell, if I can't wear one anymore, one of the russell girls should ;)

    ReplyDelete